It is 1979, and Boston is in racial turmoil over school de-segregation. Serena Fox, an African-American college student, becomes captivated by the ideas and passion of black abolitionist David Walker, and she launches a campaign to memorialize him and learn the truth about his death. The campaign – and the backlash it provokes – puts Serena on an emotionally wrenching path to self-discovery.
- Hibernian Hall, Roxbury, MA, Production, 2013
- NJ Performing Arts Center/Newark Museum, Newark, NJ, Staged Reading, 2013
- Mixed Phoenix Theatre Group, New York, NY, Staged Reading, 2012
- The Democracy Center, Cambridge, MA, Staged Reading, 2012
- Baltimore Playwrights Festival, Baltimore, MD, Staged Reading, 2012
- Semi-Finalist, Ashland New Plays Festival, Ashland, OR, 2010
- Semi-Finalist, Next Generation Playwriting Contest, Reverie Productions, New York, NY